Cyndi Zarbano - All Things Cardiac: Evidence-Based Approaches to Manage Any Situation
- Do you have a hard time identifying abnormal heart sounds?
- Are you unsure how to accurately interpret an EKG?
- Are you struggling to understand the complexities of cardiac conditions?
- And overwhelmed with the volume of cardiac medications and changing guidelines?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then this online course is your solution!
The complexity of today's cardiac patients can challenge even the most experienced healthcare providers. In this comprehensive course, cardiac expert Cyndi Zarbano, MSN-Ed, CCRN, CMSRN, CLNC, NLCP, gives you the tips and tools you need to master cardiac care. She will go well beyond the basics to improve your ability to interpret difficult dysrhythmias and EKGs, enhance your critical thinking skills, and explore the latest medication and treatment strategies so you are prepared to handle any situation.
Complex cardiac conditions can seem daunting to understand, but NOT with this intensive online course!
Cyndi uses real heart sounds, rhythm strips, EKGs and case scenarios with a teaching style that is dynamic, high energy and guaranteed to immediately improve your practice. Don't miss this opportunity to become a cardiac expert!
Here's what you will learn in this comprehensive online course:
Part 1: Cardiac Nursing Essentials
Module 1: The Complex Cardiac System
- The pump: Function of the right and left sides of the heart
- The plumbing: Function and location of the arteries, veins, valves & significant murmurs
- The wiring & electricity: Function and location of nodes, bundles, branches and fibers
- What blood pressure really means
Module 2: Connecting Cardiac Clues
- Normal vs. Abnormal Heart Sounds
- S1, S2, S3, S4 — landmarks and expected findings
- Valves, Murmurs and more…
Would you like to receive Cyndi Zarbano - All Things Cardiac Evidence-Based Approaches to Manage Any Situation ?
Module 3: The Cardiovascular Drug Cabinet
- Manipulating cardiovascular parameters: Heart rate, volume, afterload and contractility
- Manipulating the heart rate: Beta Blockers, Anti–Arrhythmics, and Pacemakers
- Manipulating volume: Crystalloids, Colloids, Blood Products, Diuretics, Vasodilators, and Dialysis
Module 4: The Cardiovascular Drug Cabinet Continued
- Altering Afterload; The “Ephrine’s”, Vasopressors, Ace Inhibitors, Calcium Channel Blockers, and Angiotensin Receptor Blockers
- Anticoagulation Therapy
- Side effects and complications of cardiovascular medication
- Medication use by diagnosis
Module 5: EKG Interpretation & Acute Coronary Syndromes
- Anatomy of a 12–lead
- Clues to determining blocks
- Pearls of wisdom from Dr. Joe
- Full spectrum of Coronary Syndromes
Part 2: Cardiac Disorders & Diagnostics
Module 1: The Failing Heart
- Systolic vs. Diastolic Heart Failure
- Classification systems
- Medication management
- Biventricular packing and ICD’s
- Short-term interventions: Intra-Aortic Balloon Pumps and Impellas
Module 2: Wacky Tachy's
- Best monitoring leads
- Using the Lewis Lead
- Identifying AV Passive & Active Tachycardias
- Practice your rhythm analysis
Module 3: Shady Brady's
- Understanding AV Blocks
- LBBB & Ventricular Paced Rhythms
- Emergency interventions
Module 4: Identification, Causes and Management of Cardiomyopathies
- Right Ventricular Cardiomyopathies
- Takotsubo Syndrome
- Brugada Syndrome
- LQTS & other channelopathies
Module 5: MI Mimics
- Wolff–Parkinson–White Syndrome (WPW)
- Hypo and Hyperkalemia
- Hypothermia protocol updates