Franklyn Sills - Being and Becoming - Psychodynamics, Buddhism and Mindfulness Practice
An extraordinarily thorough and integrated model of human development that offers a rich resource to psychologists, therapists, pediatricians and healers wanting to understand how we become who we are and how we can heal.
In this unique 9 Program series, Franklyn Sills presents a series of talks, presentations and experiential / contemplative exercises. The main emphasis is an exploration of early personality development within the context of pre and perinatal psychology, the nature of the early relational field, basic infant neurobiology, the neurobiology of attunement and felt-experience, object relations theory and Buddhist psychology. In these explorations, Franklyn integrates these somewhat vast territories into a cohesive paradigm of the nature of being and selfhood.
‘Being and Becoming’
Franklyn draws upon his years of experience as the co-director of the Karuna Institute, where Core Process Psychotherapy, one of the world’s first mindfulness-based therapy forms, has been developed. Franklyn has written a book outlining this paradigm, ‘Being and Becoming: Psychodynamics, Buddhism and the origin of selfhood’, North Atlantic Books.
Disc titles included in the set: (if you want to stream just one of the sessions click on the title below)
- Disc 1: The Nature of Being
- Disc 2: The Relational Field
- Disc 3: The Journey into Form
- Disc 4: Birth Dynamics
- Disc 5: Baby’s Buddha Brain – Felt Experience and the Developing Self.
- Disc 6: Development Concepts; Lake, Fairbairn and Winnicott
- Disc 7: From Being to Becoming – the Formation of the Self Out of Early Experience
- Disc 8: Personality Forms; the Defended Self
- Disc 9: What Heals? Mindfulness and the Loving Heart
Get Franklyn Sills - Being and Becoming - Psychodynamics, Buddhism and Mindfulness Practice download right now!