Nancy McGushin - Perianesthesia Nurse Certification
Are you ready to take the next step in your career?
PESI Healthcare’s comprehensive CAPA®/CPAN® Exam Prep Course will equip you with the latest information and trends in Perianesthesia nursing to fully prepare you for exam success!
This innovative online course covers all clinical and professional issues per the current CAPA®/CPAN® exam blueprints. An in-depth review of systems and refresher on current practices will prepare you for success by not just reviewing key concepts, but also reinforcing them through realistic test questions! You’ll also gain valuable test-taking strategies and tips that will aid in your quest to become a certified Perianesthesia nurse.
Get started immediately! Presented by expert speaker and certification coach, Nancy McGushin, MSN, RN, CNL, CPAN, this dynamic course will increase not only your nursing knowledge, but also your earning power and employment opportunities.
The Certification Exam Prep Course Includes:
- Immediate Online Access to Video Sessions providing a comprehensive review of key areas of study (total of 5 hours, 58 minutes)
- CAPA®/CPAN® Course Manual (PDF format)
- CAPA®/CPAN® Flash Cards to help with memorization of important facts (PDF format)
- Additional Study Tools including audio seminars and articles to complement course videos and reinforce key areas of study
- Online Practice Test to assess your readiness to sit for the actual exam
- Online CE Test Access — complete the entire course and earn 12.5+ CE hours
- Collaboration with other online students to help with problem solving and to keep you motivated!
This innovative course follows the CAPA®/CPAN® outline for the current exam!
Video Sessions Cover:
- Standards of Care to Guide Perianesthesia Nursing Practice
- Stages of Anesthesia
- Regional Anesthesia
- Preadmission and Preoperative Process
- Phase I Care
- Common Post Anesthesia Complications
- Needs of Special Patient Populations
- Elements of Certification Testing
- Critical Thinking
Would you like to receive Nancy McGushin - Perianesthesia Nurse Certification ?
Nancy McGushin has been a certified post anesthesia nurse (CPAN®) since 1994. She currently serves as the Perianesthesia Nurse Educator at the Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, where she provides unit-based education and competency training for colleagues in the Ambulatory Surgery Unit, Preoperative Holding and Post anesthesia Phases I (PACU) settings.
Nancy worked for fourteen years in inpatient PACU settings and for nine years in pre anesthesia and post anesthesia care in a free-standing ambulatory surgery center. Her nursing career also includes experience in medical-surgical and neurosurgical critical care nursing, as well as staff development and nursing management.
She is an active member of the American Society of Perianesthesia Nurses (ASPAN), a member of the Association of perioperative Registered Nurses (AORN), and an affiliate member of the Ohio Nurses Association (ONA).
Financial: Nancy McGushin is receiving a fee for speaking at today’s educational activity.
Non-financial: Nancy McGushin has no relevant non-financial relationships to disclose.
So, What Happens Next?