I was battling low-grade mono as a result of the stress. Waking up in the middle of the night, sheets soaked in sweat.
I had no idea how I was going to go get a new sales job when I hadn’t accomplished anything in the old one – after a year and a half.
I came home from a seminar one day carrying a ray of hope in a burlap bag: A set of manuals on how to develop hard-core, results-accountable direct marketing. I had taken a chance and put $300 on one credit card that still wasn’t maxed out.
Before then, I never spent such a large amount of money on such a relatively small course.
Plus, it didn’t even look like much. Its packaging was shabby, the contents were inconsistent and my boss had chuckled when I told him about it.
I even entertained the thought of returning the kit and asking for a refund. But I saw just enough evidence to indicate that this stuff might actually work. If it did, I could build results-accountable marketing and advertising systems.
I could write copy and generate leads. I could read the newsletters I received each month. I could apply the examples and adapt the ideas I was given and dig myself out of this hole I was in.
Frankly, I didn’t have much choice. I was going down the tubes fast and something was going to HAVE to work!
Every night, I would come home and study marketing courses and newsletters.
It was only a few weeks later that I was demoted. My boss was about to outright fire me. But then another guy in another department vacated his position. They offered it to me.
The new position was an even worse match than the old one. And now I was really driving on fumes.
I eventually got fired from that job too.
But a couple of days before I got fired, I interviewed at a very small company that needed a sales guy.
In the interview, the guy asked me, “What would you do if you couldn’t fly out to meet with customers?”
I said, “I’d talk to them on the phone and figure out how to sell them without going to see anybody.”
They asked me that question because they had no budget for travel. That was the answer that landed me the job. They were almost as desperate for a sales guy as I was for a sales job. So they hired me.
They had a very basic website. The new company owner was flexible and curious. They had a small but interesting product line that was selling $200,000 of shipments per year. And I went to work.
For the next four years, we worked day and night to grow our dream.
1. You get my New Renaissance Club snail mail print newsletter.
Every time I do a live seminar and sell New Renaissance Club from the stage, I invite people who are already subscribers to stand up.
There’s always a few in the audience.
Then I say, “Keep standing ONLY if you rip that thing open the minute it arrives, stop what you’re doing, and read it.” Two thirds always stay standing.
The New Renaissance Club newsletter is my highest level thinking on all manner of business topics.
Marketing itself is commoditized, you can pick up marketing tips anywhere. Everyone knows that.
But my job is to create a CONTEXT and a COHESIVE SYSTEM for the very specific things we teach.
You can’t just Lego marketing techniques together and expect a successful business. You must have a philosophy and strategy.
My other job is to expose all the stuff everyone else in marketing is NOT talking about. My job is to call out the elephant in the room. To point out when the emperor has no clothes.
And this newsletter is paper and ink because it’s not blinking and buzzing with distractions when you read it.
Yes, we post a PDF in the member’s area, but we mail it to you. It’s in a white envelope. That man in a uniform who comes to your house every day puts it in your mailbox. You can sit in bed or curl up on the couch with a cup of coffee or sip iced tea on your porch and read a newsletter that you hold in your hand. I often send out fascinating audio interviews as well.
2. Once a month we do a LIVE treatment on some hot timely topic – normally revolving around Traffic, or Conversion, or Economics, or 80/20.
3. We host live hangouts with Q&A from members. People get on the hot seat and I solve problems in real time. You get to watch the ping-pong ball go back and forth.
You get to add your own comments and post questions. Many times, they’re traffic problems but it can be literally anything. Our New Renaissance Club private forum is populated by sharp, mature, experienced marketers and nearly ANY question you can ask gets a prompt reply from someone who knows what they’re doing.
4. If you’re starting out you can get a complete marketing education just from the conversations in the forum. And the volume of messages is not blisteringly high or burdened with a bunch of stupid questions. This is a paid forum, it’s restricted access and it’s high quality.
From time to time, I come into the forum, mix it up, and not only answer questions but ask questions back.
5. Every few months I also host a live call-in day.
My phone lights up, and if you can get through, you get my undivided confidential attention to discuss whatever is on your mind.
New Renaissance Club is a smorgasbord. You can dip into everything or just pick and choose the things you want.
6. We also offer a very, very unusual “Memos from the Head Office” webinar each month. If you don’t know the phrase “Memos from the Head Office,” take a look at the epilogue of my book “80/20 Sales & Marketing.” If my “Vivian story” piques your interest, join the live call when you get the email invitation. Be a fly on the wall and listen to the magic unfold.
So yes, there are a lot of things you get access to in New Renaissance Club.
7. You also get access to Keith Krance’s Facebook Prime Membership. Keith is my co-author of Ultimate Guide to Facebook Advertising. Facebook Prime will satisfy the needs of about 97% of Facebook advertisers – so you can get serious traction and fast traffic to your website.
Facebook Prime all by itself sells for $59 per month, so for only $40 more you get that and everything else. If you need it we’ve got it. If you don’t need it, don’t worry.
You only need to use ONE tip, tool or alert every few months to easily pay for a year’s membership.
8. And if you ever require more advanced training, New Renaissance Club members get discounts. You get 50% off many of our most popular courses including AdWords Mastery and Display Network Boot Camp, each of which is a full-contact treatment of advertising on The Big G.
Now having said all that, I want to emphasize that the LAST thing you need is an information dump.
You only need ONE or TWO things right at this moment. I get that. And chances are, what you need is right here. NOBODY expects you to use everything in New Renaissance Club and you should not feel guilty for taking a pass on 70% or 80% of it.
80/20 says you SHOULD only use 20%! Take only what you need, guilt-free.
Get Perry Marshall - New Renaissance Club download right now!