Ramit Sethi - How to Win the Game of Advanced Personal Finance
What do millionaires know about investing, spending, risk, saving, and freedom that 99% of people don’t?
Go inside my advanced money management system — What I invest in, who I work with, how I protect myself, and what I buy … and how these changed as I got more advanced.
It’s time to discover “what’s next.”
Suddenly, I wasn’t sure what to do next. I’d already maxed out my accounts — so what now?
Where do you put your money when your income is too high for a Roth IRA?
How do you think about risk differently as your net worth grows — should your asset allocation change at $250,000? $500,000? What about $5 million?
What are the strategies and investments that wealthy people use? What do they know that the average investor doesn’t?
What do the rich spend their money on?
When do I need to start working with “advisors”? Who are these people, anyway?
Is there anything I should be doing beyond plain index investing?
What’s worth it and what’s not?
3 examples of how my friends spend their money:
One couple I know loves donating to charity. Each year they set aside time to research charities and decide on their giving plan. Then they visit the charities throughout the year.
Another friend has a daily non-negotiable: her yoga class. And each year, she takes a 2-week trip to southern India for intensive yoga training.
A third friend runs a business and loves luxury fashion. After each webinar, she takes 3% of sales and splurges on something she loves.
When you learn how to manage your money at an advanced level, you can design the life you want to live. Your savings, investing, and even spending naturally change because you’re at an advanced level.
So why don’t more people make the leap to advanced personal finance? Why do otherwise successful, driven, and intelligent people succeed in saving and earning more…
…but still keep operating with the same rules that they grew up with 20 years ago?
The sad answer is no one’s ever told them how to do it.
The NEW rules of Advanced Personal Finance
Here’s a lesson you don’t learn in PF 101:
As your net worth grows, the rules of money change.
The wealthy are playing a financial game that most people don’t even know about. This can be uncomfortable, confusing, and even scary — but also exciting if you know the rules. The stakes are higher, but so are the rewards.
However, no one is talking about this!
Judging by the financial advice online, everyone else is trying to save $50, to pay their next credit bill, or — if they’re really “advanced” — to live like a pauper so they can stick it to the man and retire at 30 (for another 50 years of hobbies like going for walks and visiting the local museum on free days).
That’s not the life I want to live.
If you’re successful, you can’t talk about it with your friends or family. Best case scenario, they think you’re whining. “Must be nice to have problems like that.” Worst case scenario, you start seeing odd displays of jealousy and anger. Expecting you to pick up the check every time. Grumbling when you take another vacation. Or asking you to invest in a hare-brained scheme.
The 10 signs you’re ready for Advanced Personal Finance
- You’re earning 6 figures or your net worth is over $100,000
- You’ve already read and implemented most of the strategies in my book
- You’re facing new PF challenges — kids, multiple investment accounts, aging parents, etc. — and need more advanced help
- You update a spreadsheet at least once a month to track how much time you have until you reach “your number” and are able to retire
- You’re maxing your contributions to your 401(k) or Roth IRA and want more
- You’re earning a high income, but still feel guilty spending money
- You have no one around you to talk about money with
- You impulsively read personal finance blogs even though you already know exactly what they’re going to say
- You’re bored of index investing and want to take a swing at a high-risk, high-reward investment
- You’re doing well for yourself and keeping asking “OK, what’s next?”
Get my Advanced Personal Finance System and find out what millionaires know about investing, spending, risk, saving, and freedom that 99% of people don’t.
How to Win the Game of Advanced Personal Finance is a brand new online course that gives you an insider’s look at how high net worth individuals manage their money.
How to Win the Game of Advanced Personal Finance will show you how the rules change as your net worth grows — and how to keep winning.
- Module 1: Advanced Personal Finance Optimizations
- Module 2: Building Your Financial Team
- Module 3: Living Your Rich Life
What do millionaires and elite financial planners know about money that others don’t?
What do they care about? What do they do differently? And most importantly, how do they do it?
How to Win the Game of Advanced Personal Finance takes you in side my own advanced personal finance system…
- How I use a “Personal CFO” to manage all of my finances — stress-free — without losing control
- The psychological changes of managing money at advanced levels, including how I think differently about saving, investing, and spending
- Advanced tax optimizations
- See my exact asset allocation, the exact funds I use, and most important, the strategy behind WHY I organize my investments this way
- 30 important life events that present opportunities to optimize taxes and take advantage of investment opportunities
- How I work with each member of my personal finance team — including my Personal CFO and accountant. Plus, real examples of building your own team of advisors
- The red flags to watch out for when hiring a CPA or other financial advisor — don’t ignore these
- How much you should spend on your financial advisors (don’t spend more than this!)
- The 3 most common invisible scripts that hinder advanced personal finance — and your happiness
- How to “lean into” where you want to spend more — whether it’s convenience, luxury, travel, charity, or relationships. Including detailed examples
- Why the key levers of the CEO Mindset are the keys to advanced personal finance success
And that’s just a sample of the insights packed into this course.
If you’re ready to make the leap into advanced personal finance, you’ll learn what to do, when to do it, why it’s important, and how to actually make it happen.
That’s not all, though. I’ve also packed the course with a whole slew of useful worksheets, tools, and templates to make shifting into advanced personal finance easy and clear.
Join today and unlock these extra worksheets, tools, and templates
Each of these is a major opportunity for savings, if you know what to look for and who to ask
Fast-track your results with these ready-to-use email scripts
I’ll show you how to outsource implementing the strategies in the course
Go deep on advanced topics with bonus case studies
Step-by-step instructions for building your own financial team
This program is full of fun, eye-opening challenges to show you how millionaires think about spending
Pick your format
Every lesson in How to Win the Game of Advanced Personal Finance comes in video, audio, and transcript formats
The best strategies for learning more — at your fingertips for the rest of your life.
Read more: http://archive.is/oRYbM