Terry Fralich - Mindfulness Certificate Course for Clinical Practice
Research affirms that mindfulness is an effective clinical intervention for trauma, anxiety, depression, stress, relationship satisfaction, and more.
Yet clinicians continue to struggle with understanding how to implement mindfulness interventions into their practice.
That’s why we’re offering this online mindfulness certificate course to give clinicians like you a step-by-step guidance on how to incorporate simple, effective, and practical mindfulness interventions in your practice to help clients achieve deeper healing.
Through experiential exercises, interactive discussion, case studies, and handouts, you’ll take away practices that will enhance your current clinical approach and provide you with a mastery level understanding of the brain-changing power of mindfulness in therapy.
End this course with an elite Certificate in Mindfulness for Clinical Practice to show your advanced comprehension of mindfulness interventions for trauma, anxiety, depression, stress, sex, and more.
Maximize your clients’ capacity for change with mindfulness tools, strategies, and techniques that address the neurological processes that underlie today’s most challenging clinical conditions.
In this clinical training, author and mindfulness expert, Terry Fralich, LCPC, will guide you step-by-step through four modules of mastery-level training.
Module 1 develops the foundation of skills you need to incorporate mindfulness in your practice. Dive into the neuroscience of mindfulness to understand how mindfulness can change the brain and improve therapeutic outcomes. You’ll learn how to introduce mindfulness to your clients as a skill-based path for enhanced healing. Topics include:
- The virality of mindfulness: Understanding what we’re actually doing
- Introducing mindfulness practice to clients
- Mindfulness as a skill-based path for enhanced transformation and change
- The circle of liberation: How formal and informal practices enhance mindfulness skills
- Neuroscience and mindfulness
- Using mindfulness as self-directive neuroplasticity to change the brain
- Interpersonal neurobiology and how attachment shapes your clients’ response to the world
- Understanding the negative side effects of adaptive safety strategies and how they impact your clients
- How mental models like core negative beliefs are formed
Module 2 deepens your understanding of mindfulness practice by showing you how to use practical skills and tools to calm the body’s hard-wired responses and improve self-regulation. Highlights include:
- The 5 core skills of mindfulness
- Clarifying, setting, and reaffirming intention
- Cultivating a witnessing awareness
- Strengthening self-regulation
- Stabilizing attention
- Practicing loving-kindness
- How to navigate between the 3 systems and 2 zones of our brain’s hard-wired survival strategies
- Understanding the 4 brain circuits that influence happiness and well-being
- Using mindfulness to stop negative emotions and thoughts
- Improving self-regulation for the foundation of unsettledness
- How to intentionally settle negative energies to shorten the time that difficult emotions keep clients stuck
- Tools to avoid emotional hijackings and bring the brain back on line
- How to implement positive visualization practices to change the brain
Module 3 guides you through simple ways clients can focus attention and practice loving-kindness for the self and others. You’ll also learn strategies for building comprehensive and cohesive mindfulness practices that are easily implemented into your clients’ demanding lifestyles. Discover tools and techniques for:
- Stabilizing the mind and building the foundation of focus and attention
- Strengthening the ability to hold intentional focus
- Nurturing the harmony of intention and attention
- Using mindfulness to change the negative bias of the brain’s default mode
- Understanding how to help clients set intentions for consuming digital media without triggering symptoms of anxiety, depression, stress, and more
- Utilizing mindfulness tools to practice loving-kindness
- Tools for calming the inner critic and self-judgement
- Practices for developing non-judgmental awareness and compassion for the self and others
- Developing mindful transitions and practices that stick for clients
- Implementing the 4-word daily practice
Module 4 explores powerful tools and handouts to help your clients apply their new mindfulness skills in their daily lives to change unhealthy habits and enhance their healing. You’ll learn skills for:
- Talking to your clients about implicit memories and how they contribute to strong and emotional responses
- Using intentional check-ins to strengthen daily mindfulness habits
- Cultivating the placebo effect to treat chronic pain, anxiety, stress, and more with mindfulness and sensory experiences
- Implementing mindfulness strategies to change the patterns of unhealthy habits
- Using metatherapeutic processing to amplify and install the positive moments of your therapeutic sessions into your client’s daily life
- Applying what you’ve learned in practice — meditation exercises to bring it all together
Throughout the four modules in this intensive certificate course, you’ll walk step-by-step through unique, experiential exercises focused on:
- Using positive visualizations
- Implementing self-regulation practices
- Developing behavioral plans for clients
- Cultivating positive experiences
- Rehearsing the stop-breath-reflect-choose practice
- Strengthening awareness of the stress response to shift to a relaxing response
- Enjoying our work with meditation practice
- …and more
Would you like to receive Terry Fralich - Mindfulness Certificate Course for Clinical Practice ?
PDF Book: The Five Core Skills of Mindfulness: A Direct Path to More Confidence, Joy and Love
Unlike general definitions and concepts of mindfulness, Five Core Skills describes, in clear language, a skill-based and integrated practice you can use right away to reduce stress, minimize suffering, and enhance the life of your clients.
With the insights, exercises, and meditations in Part One, all the resources are there to help you experience peace through living more mindfully. In Part Two, author Terry Fralich draws on his 35 years of experience with personal essays about mindfulness in the context of nature, relationships, sex, and service — sharing the magic and miracles fully revealed with mindfulness practice over time.
PDF Book: Cultivating Lasting Happiness: A 7-Step Guide to Mindfulness, 2nd edition
Cultivating Lasting Happiness is the definitive practical guide to understanding mindfulness. Terry Fralich has created a path for developing awareness and skills to minimize suffering and maximize positive states — all to enhance well-being. With insights, case examples, exercises, meditations, and practice guides, you have all the tools to weave the seven steps of mindfulness into a beautiful tapestry and establish a more creative and joyful way of life for yourself and your clients.
Exclusive Q&A Call Recording
Register now and access an exclusive Q&A recording where Terry Fralich, LCPC, answers specific questions about mindfulness for clinical practice.
Terry Fralich, LCPC is a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor with a private practice in Southern Maine and a former Adjunct Faculty Member of the University of Southern Maine Graduate School. He also is an attorney who practiced law in New York City, Los Angeles and Portland prior to becoming a counselor. During that time, Terry studied extensively with His Holiness the Dalai Lama, other leading Tibetan teachers and with some of the American pioneers of mindfulness. Inspired by their teachings and his own study of psychology, mindfulness and meditation, he earned a master’s degree in clinical counseling, left the practice of law and began his counseling and teaching activities. Terry is the author of The Five Core Skills of Mindfulness: A Direct Path to More Confidence, Joy and Love and Cultivating Lasting Happiness: A 7-Step Guide to Mindfulness.
Terry is a co-founder of the Mindfulness Retreat Center of Maine. He has led more than 300 seminars and retreats on mindfulness, meditation, emotional intelligence, stress reduction, and the latest developments in neuroscience. In addition, he taught mindfulness, meditation and behavioral change for six years at Maine Medical Center’s cardiac rehabilitation program and the Cancer Community Center in Southern Maine.
Financial: Terry Fralich is in private practice. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Nonfinancial: Terry Fralich has no relevant nonfinancial relationship to disclose.
Learning that Fits YOUR Schedule:
Watch your email for your order confirmation, and get instant access to this comprehensive training plus the FREE Bonus materials, all designed to help you effectively integrate mindfulness into your practice. Review all the course materials at your own pace and at your convenience!
Access all course videos and materials online forever, or download the videos and materials to your personal library.
Instantly collaborate with other professionals on the course materials through interactive message boards. You’ll be part of a community of hundreds of practitioners all focused on integrating mindfulness into clinical practice, providing valuable opportunities to share insight and experiences and to build your professional network.
Complete your online CE tests and earn up to 12.5 CE Hours!